Okay
  Public Ticket #1257472
Does not update
Closed

Comments

  •  2
    Jean-Francois started the conversation

    Hello,

    I have attempted several times to update (manually, since it does not work automatically) the RSS Ticker from version 2.1.9 to the most recent one.

    However, each time, I get a message: "Error: no update archive available" (see attachment). It shows in the list of plugins requiring an update, but there is no way to update it. It is the only premium plugin having such a problem (and I have a dozen of WP sites with a variety of paid plugins).

    Kindly let me know how this can be fixed.

    Sincerely.

    Jean-Francois Mayer

    Attached files:  ditty-rss.png

  •  26
    Joe replied

    Which website are you attempting to update the plugin on?

    The latest version of the plugin is 2.1.9, so if you are currently running that version there is not another update.

  •   Jean-Francois replied privately
  •   Jean-Francois replied privately
  •  26
    Joe replied

    Do you have a cache plugin on your site or server, or is your site running through a CDN that may need to be cleared? I'm not sure why you keep getting that notice. I have not received any other tickets or comments about this happening from other users. I also use the same update system for my Ditty plugins on https://www.dittynewsticker.com/ (which updates from https://www.metaphorcreations.com/ like all users) and do not have this issue.

    Have you tried disabling and deleting the plugin complete and then re-installing? You won't lose any data by doing this. If that doesn't resolve the issue would it be possible to get temporary dashboard and FTP access to see if I can figure out why this is happening?

    Thanks!

  •  26
    Joe replied

    One other thing to possibly try is to switch your WP language to English and see if the issue persists... I'm not sure why it would make a difference, but I recall a few years ago there was a minor code issue in one of my themes that only triggered error when a language other than English was being used.

    I did switch my site to French briefly and did not see the results you are seeing, but it's worth just checking out quickly on your site to see if there's any difference.

  •  2
    Jean-Francois replied

    I was about to do what you had suggested... but then saw there was an update to v. 2.1.10 now available. I updated, and everything went fine. The update seems to have solved the issue. In case it occurs again, I would first follow your suggestions.

    Many thanks for the efficient support!

  •  26
    Joe replied

    Ok, glad it is resolved.